Succeeding in Science 4 (Basic Skills No. 162)
The aim of the Series "Succeeding in Science" has been to supply enough material to enable students to gain an insight into the scientific and technological world around them. The Series has been written to cover basic Science & Technology topics for year 1 to year 7. Science however, is not simply a body of knowledge, but a controlled exploration. Accordingly, where appropriate, probing questions and easy experiments are included to extend comprehension and understanding and to stimulate in students a desire to investigate.
In Books 1 and 2 (Years 1 and 2), questions have been especially framed to develop the student's visual and verbal comprehension.
In Books 3 to 7 (Years 3 to 7), each topic contains a formal section designed to test how well the student is able to think his or her way through a problem.
Each book follows the format of the Basic Skills Series with comprehension questions and removable answers.
Contents: Cells, the skeleton, muscles, skin and hair, digestive system, circulatory system, respiratory system, brain and nervous system, looking at the life cycles of animals, life cycles of some plants, environments and the food cycle, levers, ramps, wedges, what is communication? One-way and two way messages, writing, Braille and singing, have some fun with codes.
Graeme Wilson is a much travelled author and experienced teacher who has written numerous geography and social science textbooks.
|Year Level||Year 4|
|Date of Publication||2004|
- Succeeding in Science 1 (Basic Skills No. 159)Now: $10.76 Was: $11.95
- Succeeding in Science 2 (Basic Skills No. 160)Now: $10.76 Was: $11.95
- Succeeding in Science 3 (Basic Skills No. 161)Now: $10.76 Was: $11.95
- Succeeding in Science 5 (Basic Skills No. 163)Now: $10.76 Was: $11.95
- Succeeding in Science 6 (Basic Skills No. 164)Now: $10.76 Was: $11.95
- Succeeding in Science 7 (Basic Skills No. 165)Now: $10.76 Was: $11.95